Fits for standard conditions
The following tables provide recommendations for tolerances of shaft and housing seats. They are valid for standard applications but do not cover all details of a specific application. The information under Selecting fits and Tolerances for bearing seats and abutments should be additionally considered.
These recommendations are valid for bearings with Normal dimensional tolerances. They can also be used for bearings to P6 dimensional tolerances. The tighter P6 tolerance zone changes the resulting fit only slightly.
Recommended tolerances for metric bearings:
For the following bearing types, recommendations are listed in the product sections:
- Insert bearings → Design considerations
- Needle roller bearings → relevant sections under Needle roller bearings
- Cylindrical roller thrust bearings → Design considerations
- Needle roller thrust bearings → Design considerations
- Inch tapered roller bearings → Design considerations
All ISO tolerance classes used in the tables are valid with the envelope requirement (such as H7Ⓔ), in accordance with ISO 14405-1. For practical reasons, symbol Ⓔ is not indicated in the tables.