Designs and variants
- consist of a shaft washer, a housing washer and a ball and cage assembly (fig. 1)
- can accommodate axial loads and locate a shaft axially, in one direction only
consist of one shaft washer, two housing washers and two ball and cage assemblies (fig. 2)
The housing washers and ball and cage assemblies of double direction bearings are identical to those used in single direction bearings.
- can accommodate axial loads and locate a shaft axially, in both directions
- can accommodate initial misalignment
- are available in both single (fig. 3) and double direction designs
- can be used together with a sphered seat washer adjacent to the housing washer (fig. 4 and fig. 5) or adjacent to a machine component manufactured with a sphered surface
Appropriate sphered seat washers must be ordered separately (→ product tables). Depending on the bearing series, they have the basic designation U 2, U 3 or U 4 followed by a two-digit number, which identifies the size (e.g. sphered seat washer U 320 for bearing 53320).