Overview, selection and application recommendations
The extensive SKF product range includes a comprehensive selection of bearing housings. An overview of the standard housings is provided as well as information to facilitate the tasks of the designer in selecting the right housing for most common applications.
For applications where standard housings are not suitable, SKF can supply special housings, e.g. for conveyor equipment, rotary kilns, drums, large electrical machines, and rail vehicles.
The purpose of a bearing housing is to:
- support the bearing and transmit operating static and dynamic loads
- protect the bearing and lubricant from contaminants
- contain the lubricant and accommodate lubrication system components
- accommodate monitoring system components
- maximize the performance and service life of the incorporated bearings