For general information, refer to Design considerations.
For support rollers with an inner ring, the pin/shaft should be machined to tolerance class g6Ⓔ under the following conditions:
- stationary inner ring load
- where easy displacement of the inner ring is required
- be machined to tolerance class k5Ⓔ
- be machined to a surface finish similar to a bearing raceway
- have the same hardness as a bearing raceway
For support rollers without flange rings, the outer ring support surfaces:
- guide the outer ring and cage during operation
- must be fine turned
- must be free of burrs and clean
- should extend to at least half the outer ring side face (fig. 1), if unhardened - hardened surfaces may be smaller
Support rollers without an inner ring must have an axial gap ≥ 0,2 mm between the outer ring and the support surfaces (fig. 3).