Shaft alignment tool TKSA 51
Comprehensive and intuitive shaft alignment utilising tablets and smart phones
The TKSA 51 shaft alignment tool provides high measurement flexibility and performance suitable for entry-level to expert alignment jobs. Designed to work with the shaft alignment apps on a tablet or smart phone, this intuitive tool is easy to use and requires no special training. The included accessories enable use of the TKSA 51 for a wide range of alignment applications, such as motors, drives, fans, pumps, gearboxes and more. The tool's mobile apps include tutorial videos to show operators how to perform accurate measurements.
- Measurement flexibility - The well-known, three-position measurement gains additional flexibility as measurements can start at any angle and require a total minimal rotation of only 40 degrees. This enables operators to perform alignments of applications with limited space.
- Automatic reports - Alignment reports are generated automatically and can be customised with notes, a machine picture and a signature via touchscreen. These reports can be exported as PDF files and shared with other mobile apps.
- Comprehensive and compact - A range of included components, such as magnetic mounting brackets and extension rods and chains, increase the TKSA 51's versatility, yet it remains compact, lightweight and easy to carry.
- 3-D live view - This feature enables intuitive positioning of heads for quick alignment measurements and displays live when horizontal/vertical alignment correction is achieved. The app enables 3-D rotation of the virtual motor to correspond with the actual machine position.
- Disturbance compensation - Measurement values are averaged over time to provide accuracy in presence of vibration or other external disturbances.
- Also available as TKSA 51D with rugged, industrial display device and pre-installed apps included.
Apps for use with TKSA 51
SKF Shaft alignment
Easy and intuitive alignments of horizontal shafts with additional features including automatic measurement, minimal 40° total rotation, 9-12-3 guidance and alignment customisation with target values.
SKF Soft foot
Assists technician in verifying that machine is standing evenly on all four feet. The app supports the operator identifying and correcting a soft foot.
SKF Vertical shaft alignment
Easy and intuitive alignment of vertical shaft machines with shimming support for different bolt configurations.
Demonstration video TKSA 51
|TKSA 51||Measuring units with standard accessories in carrying case|
|TKSA 51D||TKSA 51 and TKSA DISPLAY|
|TKSA DISPLAY||Android tablet with min 7 in. screen size, protective cover for industrial environments and pre-installed apps.|
Technical data Designations TKSA 51 / TKSA 51D Sensors and communication 20 mm (0.8 in.) PSD with line laser Class 2
Inclinometer ±0.1°; Bluetooth 4.0 LE
System measuring distance 0,07 to 5 m (0.23 to 16.4 ft) Measuring errors <1% ±10 µm Housing material Anodized Aluminum front and PC/ABS plastic back cover Operating time Up to 8 hours, rechargeable Li-ion battery fast charging: 10 min. charging for 1h usage Dimensions 52 × 64 × 50 mm (2.1 × 2.5 × 2 in.) Weight 190 g (0.4 lb) Operating device TKSA DISPLAY, Galaxy Tab Active and iPad Mini recommended
iPad 3rd generation, iPod Touch 5th generation
iPhone 4S, Galaxy S4 or above (all not included)
Software/App update Apple AppStore or on Google Play Store Operating system requirements Apple iOS 9 or Android OS 4.4.2 (and above) Alignment method Alignment of horizontal and vertical shafts, 3 position measurement 9 -12 -3, automatic measurement, measurement (with min. 40° rotation), soft foot Live correction values Vertical and horizontal Extra features Machine library, QR code reading, target values, disturbance compensation,
3D machine free view, screen rotation on tablets, automatic .pdf report
Fixture 2 × V-brackets with chains, width 15 mm (0.6 in.) Shaft diameters 20 to 150 mm (0.8 to 5.9 in.)
450 mm (17.7 in.) with extension chains (included)
Max. coupling height * 45 mm (1.8 in.) with standard rods plus 120 mm (4.7 in.) per set of extension rods Power adapter Charging via micro USB port (5V)
Micro USB to USB split charging cable supplied
Compatible with 5V USB chargers (not included)
Operating temperature 0 to 45 °C (32 to 113 °F) IP rating IP 54 Carrying case dimensions 355 × 250 × 110 mm (14 × 9.8 × 4.3 in.) Total weight (incl. case) 2,9 kg (6.4 lb) Calibration certificate Supplied with 2 years validity Case content 2 measuring units (M&S); 2 shaft brackets with chains 480 mm (18.9 in.), threaded rods 80 mm (3.2 in.) and magnets; 4 threaded extension rods 120 mm (4.7 in.); 2 extension chains 980 mm (38.6 in.); micro USB to USB split charging cable; measuring tape; printed certificate of calibration and conformance; quick start guide (EN); SKF carrying case; A4 sheet with 12 × QR code stickers * Depending on the coupling, the brackets can be mounted on the coupling, reducing the coupling height limitation.