Loads and selecting bearing size
There are two methods of determining the required bearing size:
- selecting bearing size for static operating conditions
- selecting bearing size for dynamic operating conditions
For variant VA267, the appropriate method depends on the operating conditions. If the bearing operates under any of the following:
- very slow speeds (n < 10 r/min)
- very slow oscillating movements
- stationary under load for long periods of time
then use the method of selecting bearing size for static operating conditions.
Otherwise, use the method of selecting bearing size for dynamic operating conditions.
Fa < 0,8 Fr
Fa < 0,15 C0
|P0||=||equivalent static bearing load [kN]
|Fa||=||axial load [kN]
|Fr||=||radial load [kN]
|C0||=||basic static load rating [kN]|
- intermittent (that is, standing still or used for short periods of time)
- continuous (machinery utilized 8 hours, or more, per day)
- 1)Although the process described here for selecting bearing size for dynamic operating conditions is based on ISO 281:2007 basic dynamic load rating (C), for an equivalent-size standard bearing, and calculated equivalent load (P), this selection process is not according to ISO 281 and is not a calculated rating life based on sub-surface fatigue as the failure criteria.