Load carrying capacity
- Loads and selecting bearing size for bearings for high temperature applications
- Loads for all other Y-bearings
Pressed steel housings have a lower load carrying capacity than the Y-bearings they can incorporate. Permissible radial housing loads are listed in the relevant product tables:
- Oval flanged housings for Y-bearings
- Y-bearing oval flanged units
- Round and triangular flanged housings for Y-bearings
- Y-bearing round and triangular flanged units
The axial load should not exceed 20% of the permissible radial load.
In the absence of a centring shoulder to be matched with the recess or the shoulder on the housings back (→ Attaching to a support surface) and when the loads acting on the housing are heavy, SKF recommends doweling the housing to its support surface.
Position and size of the dowel pin holes for flanged housings in the FY(J), FYTB and FYTJ series are listed in the relevant product tables: