Mounting and dismounting
Y-bearings and Y-bearing units are reliable machine elements that can provide long service life, provided they are mounted and maintained properly. Proper mounting requires experience, accuracy, a clean work environment and the appropriate methods and tools.
Failure to carefully follow applicable mounting instructions can result in premature bearing failure or improper performance. For detailed information, contact the SKF application engineering service.
- the overall machine design
- the Y-bearing housing design
- the method by which the unit is locked onto the shaft
- a hexagonal key or torque key to tighten the grub (set) screws in the inner ring or the eccentric locking collar as specified in the product tables
- a hook spanner with a stud to tighten or loosen the eccentric locking collar
an SKF mounting kit (designation 626830) for SKF ConCentra locking
- a hook spanner to tighten adapter sleeve lock nuts as specified in the product table
Grub screws / adapter sleeve lock nuts should be tightened to the torque values / tightening angles listed in the product tables. The tightening angles, listed for bearings on an adapter sleeve, are to be used as guideline values only, as it is difficult to establish an exact starting position.
Hook spanners are part of the comprehensive SKF assortment of high quality mounting and maintenance products. For information about SKF maintenance products, refer to Maintenance products.