General bearing knowledge
This section provides general information that is valid for rolling bearings.
Section Bearing basics contains information that all readers should know. When you have read that section you will:
- know what rolling bearings are
- know about their components
- have a basic understanding about materials used for rolling bearings
- be familiar with the terminology
- understand the system of standardized boundary dimension
- be able to determine information about a bearing from its designation (part number)
Section Tolerances provides information that enables you to identify and determine the tolerances of practically every bearing presented here. This is possible because bearing tolerances are standardized internationally, predominantly by ISO. The individual product sections refer to the information in this section, where needed.
Section Storage provides advice on how to deal with SKF bearings and how to administer them while in storage.