Horizontal adjustment tool
Achieving a precise and controllable horizontal adjustment
Using laser shaft alignment equipment usually requires the machine to be repositioned in both the vertical and horizontal planes, to achieve a good alignment result. Typically, the electric motor is easily positioned vertically using precision shims, whilst the horizontal positioning process is typically less controllable and can take quite some time to get good results. The SKF horizontal adjustment tool, TMAH series, helps achieve a precise and controllable horizontal adjustment.
The TMAH uses a special eccentric socket arrangement that enables rotary movement to be translated to linear movement at the motor foot. The result is a precise and controllable horizontal movement of the motor to the desired alignment position.
- Heavy hammers, pry or crow bars are no longer required to move the motor horizontally, making the adjustment easier and safer.
- Welded jack-bolt assemblies are no longer required to move each motor foot horizontally. This also eliminates the need to repair the jack-bolts due to rust or corrosion.
- Quick and easy to fit, operate and remove.
- Enables accurate horizontal adjustment movements of 25 microns or less, suitable for laser alignment equipment accuracy.
- Is a complementary product to SKF TMAS machinery alignment shims.
- Available to suit a wide range of metric bolt head sizes, making it suitable for many different types of electric motors.
- Virtually eliminates the risk of damaging the motor feet.
Simply rotate the eccentric socket to move the motor. A dial indicator or laser shaft alignment device directly monitors the movement.