SKF Energy Monitoring Service - Pump Systems
Helping you reduce pump system energy costsBy using your plant staff (trained by SKF), or SKF as a service, to carry out routine measurements and monitor pump energy efficiency, you can determine when it is cost effective to repair a worn pump. This will free up valuable time and cost of specialists to concentrate on the most significant pump issues.
While routine monitoring itself will not capture all opportunities for improvement, understanding the status of your pump system efficiency is essential before making improvements (fig. 1). The Energy Monitoring Service - Pump Systems can work in parallel with your condition monitoring programme as part of a comprehensive asset management system.
Establishing an energy monitoring programmeSince every pump system is unique, the Energy Monitoring Service - Pump Systems from SKF applies a flexible process that follows some key steps:
- Pump systems selection process
- Establishing a database that includes details on the pumps included in the monitoring programme
- Programming route details into SKF @ptitude Inspector
- Training your operations staff
Programme hand-over and routine monitoring
- Save money - Identify ways to improve your pump systems' energy efficiency
- Improve reliability - Improved energy efficiency provides better reliability
- Keep it in-house - No need to employ specialists to identify energy efficiency improvements in your pump systems; your own operators become your "eyes" on efficiency
- Sustain improvements - Through regular monitoring of selected pump systems
- Integration - Can integrate with your existing condition monitoring programmes
ODR based - Applying proven Operator Driven Reliability tools and methodology to engage plant operators and management staff in energy awareness, energy management, and CO2 reduction activities
Learn more about Energy Monitoring Service - Pump Systems.