SKF Energy Efficient deep groove ball bearings
Optimized to increase service life and reduce energy use
As part of the SKF EnCompass Field Performance Programme, SKF Energy Efficient (E2) bearings have been optimized for reduced energy use, increased service life and reduced total cost of ownership in many industrial applications.
SKF E2 deep groove ball bearings can provide more than twice the service life, while reducing frictional losses in the bearing by at least 30% when compared to the same size SKF Explorer bearing (Diagram 1). This results in energy savings over the life of the application. It also reduces operating temperature (Diagram 2) and helps extend grease life (Diagram 3).
A wider range of energy-saving, low-friction options
With bore sizes from 5 to 80 mm, SKF offers an extended catalogue range of shielded and sealed SKF E2 deep groove ball bearings in order to cover a larger range of application requirements, e.g. enabling them to be used on vertical shafts as well as other applications where contamination is a real concern.
Longer service life and lower total cost of ownership
- at least 30% lower friction
- optimized internal geometry
- long life, low-friction grease
- low-friction seals or metallic shields
- low-friction cage, optimized for improved lubrication
- lower total cost of ownership
- reduced energy use
- longer bearing service life
- reduced operating temperature
- higher speed capability
dimensionally interchangeable with standard bearings
- electric motors, pumps and fans
- textile machinery
- light conveyors for postal, luggage and food conveyors
- bulk conveyors for mining, port and power plant conveyors