SKF Ecoflas is a unique fluoroelastomer based on an alternating co-polymer of tetrafluoroethylene and propylene (TFE/P). This material is chemically related to fluororubber.
SKF Ecoflas has the following properties:
- high resistance to mineral oils
- outstanding resistance to hot water and hot stream up to 230°C
- excellent resistance to sour gas and amines
- excellent resistance to brake fluids (based on glycol, mineral oil or silicon oil) and fire-resistant hydraulic fluids)
- good radiation resistance
Compared to fluororubber materials, SKF Ecoflas shows slightly higher tensile strength and a similar heat resistance.