Privacy Notice for SKF Engineering Tools
How we handle your Personal Data
SKF takes personal privacy and the protection of integrity seriously.
When using SKF Engineering Tools you should feel confident that SKF respects your privacy and adheres to applicable laws and regulations when collecting and processing your Personal Data i.e. data that may be used to identify you as a person (“Personal Data”).
What Personal Data we collect
When using SKF Engineering Tools SKF collects certain data about you, namely;
your login details (e.g. e-mail-address, password, time of login)
your usage including
- functionality that you access (e.g. the shaft speed that you apply),
- data of SKF products that you download (e.g. the bearing designation),
- results that you calculate (e.g. bearing rating life),
- interactions that you perform (e.g. how you navigate through the modelling menu), and
- tool settings (e.g. the unit system or report language that you choose)
- model file name
Why we collect Personal Data
SKF collects your Personal Data to;
- administer your usage of SKF Engineering Tools (e.g. your login details)
- support you in using Engineering Tools and support your technical needs (e.g. to select an optimal bearing solution for your application),
- improve SKF Engineering Tools,
optimize SKF's product offering based on identified patterns and trends,
- make sure that the usage of SKF Engineering Tools is safe,
- guarantee availability of SKF Engineering Tools, and/or
- market SKF products to you and/or the company that you are representing (if you have consented to such marketing – if so required).
As SKF mainly collects Personal Data related to your usage of SKF Engineering Tools, SKF finds that it has a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Data.
Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
SKF will share this data with its affiliates and local sales units for the purposes set out above.
SKF will not disclose Personal Data to third parties if it is not required in order to fulfil a purpose listed above. For this purpose SKF have engaged, and shares Personal Data with certain IT-suppliers who deliver storage solutions for SKF.
Any transfer of Personal Data to a third party inside the EU/EEA will only take place if the recipient is compliant with SKF’s internal rules which governs the protection of Personal Data e.g. entering into necessary data protection agreements (when necessary). Any transfer of Personal Data to a third party outside the EU/EEA will be based on the EU model clauses or similar safety constructions.
You have the right to (i) receive information on and access to Personal Data that SKF process about you, (ii) have faulty information corrected, (iii) have Personal Data SKF process about you deleted (under certain circumstances), (iv) object to and restrict SKF’s processing of your Personal Data, and (v) request that certain Personal Data SKF processes about you is transferred to you or a new data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
SKF retains the Personal Data only as long as it is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, namely:
- For administration and support: as long as you have a valid license to one of SKF Engineering Tools license.
- For marketing: one year exceeding the termination of the relevant SKF Engineering Tool license.
- For compiling statistics, improving our software and market offering and to guarantee safety and software availability: one year from collection.
If you have any questions about this policy or SKF’s processing of your Personal Data, you are welcome to contact us by using the information below. You also have the right to contact or lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
SKF Data Protection Officer
SKF Group Headquarters
SE-415 15 Göteborg
Phone: +46 31 337 10 00
Fax: +46 31 337 17 22
The SKF Group of companies act as the data controllers for the processing activities set out herein under the supervision of AB SKF.