SKF Energy Efficient deep groove ball bearings
Reducing power loss in motor driven systemsIncreasing industrial electric motor efficiency offers the promise of cutting energy consumption worldwide. In the US and EU alone, motor-driven equipment such as pumps, compressors and fans consume roughly 1,36 trillion kWh per year.
Friction loss is energy lostWhich makes bearings eco-friendly components by default - by reducing friction, bearings reduce the amount of energy that machinery requires. SKF energy efficient deep groove ball bearings push this inherent advantage to a new level.
30 % less friction with next generation bearingsThrough optimized internal geometry, a unique polymer cage, low-friction grease, SKF energy efficient deep groove ball bearings exhibit significantly less friction torque, or friction loss, than conventional bearings - 30 % reduction or more, depending on bearing size and application conditions.
Drawing on SKF core competency areas including bearings, seals, and lubrication systems, and using advanced SKF modelling tools to reduce all sources of friction, SKF engineers created a new generation of deep groove ball bearings.
- Electric motors
- Other applications of medium or light loads are possible
- Lower energy consumption for end customers
- Enables easier building of higher efficiency machinery
- Reduced operating temperature results in increased viscosity that can extend bearing life
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Optimized internal geometry
- Low noise, low torque, long-lasting grease
- Unique polymer cage design