SKF announces new Global Tracking System tool for logistics customers
2009 January 21, 10:32 CET
SKF announces the launch of a new Global Tracking System (GTS), to provide greater knowledge to logistics customers regarding shipments.
The new GTS functionalities include:
- Various search criteria (Sales Unit order number, Final customer order number, Package number, Shipment Reference number)
- Actual status events for packages distributed by connected Transport Suppliers (Intra Europe Roadfreight, Export Europe global programs, Export Singapore global programs, Export North America global programs, Export Mexico global programs)
- Expected time of arrival for intra Europe shipments
- SKF Key Account Managers will personally get in touch for customized access to a range of new functionalities: details on shipment level, scanned proof of delivery for appointed subcontractors.
- During 2009 all flows inside the new GTS will have an expected time of arrival (ETA)
Customer have direct 24 hour access to the new Tracking & Tracing system, via SKF's dedicated Logistic Services website; www.skflogisticsservices.com
SKF Logistics Services manages a dedicated transportation network of air, sea, road and express programs. Finished goods, spare parts and supplies are shipped right up to our customer's end customers worldwide. Through the establishment of certified shippers with fixed time tables, our network assures reliable and short-lead-time deliveries.
For further information contact: Lars Wilhelmsson
- - - - -
SKF is a leading global supplier in the areas of bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems. The Group's service offer includes technical support, maintenance services, engineering consultancy and training. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has 15,000 distributor locations worldwide. The Group's annual sales 2007 were SEK 58,559 million. The number of employees was 42,888.