SKF DryLube bearings
Re-lubrication free operation in temperatures up to 350°CSKF DryLube bearings are designed to reduce machine operating costs, extend maintenance intervals and provide a high degree of operational reliability even at temperatures up to 350°C. SKF DryLube bearings are filled with a dry lubricant, based on graphite, molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) and a resin binder. The dry lubricant is injected into the free space of the bearing and cured until it solidifies (fig 1). The dry lubricant maintains a very thin film on the raceways and rolling elements to avoid metal-to-metal contact and can also protect the rolling elements and raceways from damage caused by solid contaminants.
SKF DryLube bearings provide the following benefits:
- effective lubrication for extreme temperature applications
- low start-up torque at any temperature and low frictional moment during operation
- higher speed capabilites than bearings for extreme temperatures with a graphite cage
- lubricated for the life of the bearing
- minimal lubricant loss
- suitable for extremly slow rotating speeds and oscillating movements
- improved worker safety and environmentally friendly compared to many oils and greases
Typical applications where SKF DryLube bearings are used include:
- metal industry (rolls in bloom and billet casters, cooling and roll out tables, guide rolls in bar mills, reheating furnaces rolls, sinter machine wheels)
- industrial ovens (kiln truck wheel bearings and bearings for hardening and annealing ovens)
- food and beverage industry (ovens, smokehouse conveyor lines, wafer machines, sterilization equipment)
- paint lines for automotive and powder coating
- paper industry (paper converting lines, rope sheaves)
- oil and gas (applications with aggressive media)
AssortmentMost SKF rolling bearings and bearing units can be supplied as SKF DryLube bearings provided the bearing is fitted with a sheet metal cage and is available with internal clearance greater than Normal.
The assortment of SKF DryLube bearings mentioned in this catalogue includes:
- deep groove ball bearings
- Y-bearings (insert bearings)
- angular contact ball bearings
- cylindrical roller bearings
- tapered roller bearings
- spherical roller bearings
- thrust ball bearings
- spherical roller thrust bearings
For self-aligning ball bearings or customized units filled with dry lubricant, contact the SKF application engineering service.
For the assortment of deep groove ball bearings and Y-bearings with dry lubricant or high-temperature lubricants, not described here, refer to the section Bearings for extreme temperatures.