Tapered roller bearings
SKF Explorer tapered roller bearings for your toughest challenges
We understand what markets demand and the size of the challenges you face. Only through understanding these challenges can we come up with better, more effective solutions.
- You need a tapered roller bearing that can handle high loads
- A tapered roller bearing that is both durable and reliable
- A tapered roller bearing that is not going to compromise your productivity and safety
- A tapered roller bearing that can withstand challenging and extreme conditions
The tapered roller bearings product tables will be updated in September 2017. For further information, contact your SKF sales representative.
Tapered roller bearings have tapered inner and outer ring raceways and tapered rollers. They are designed to accommodate combined loads, i.e. simultaneously acting radial and axial loads. The projection lines of the raceways meet at a common point on the bearing axis (fig. 1) to provide true rolling and low friction. The axial load carrying capacity of tapered roller bearings increases with increasing contact angle α. The size of the angle is related to the calculation factor e (→ product tables): the larger the value of e, the larger the contact angle. A single row tapered roller bearing is typically adjusted against a second tapered roller bearing.
Single row tapered roller bearings are separable (fig. 2), i.e. the inner ring with roller and cage assembly (cone) can be mounted separately from the outer ring (cup).
- single row tapered roller bearings (fig. 4)
- matched single row tapered roller bearings (fig. 5)
- double row tapered roller bearings (fig. 6)
- four-row tapered roller bearings (fig. 7)
- hub units based on tapered roller bearings for industrial, automotive, railway and off-highway applications (→ contact SKF)