Shaft alignment tool TKSA 51
Comprehensive and intuitive shaft alignment utilising tablets and smart phones
The TKSA 51 shaft alignment tool provides high measurement flexibility and performance suitable for entry-level to expert alignment jobs. Designed to work with the shaft alignment for TKSA 51 app on a tablet or smart phone, this intuitive tool is easy to use and requires no special training. The included accessories enable use of the TKSA 51 for a wide range of alignment applications, such as motors, drives, fans, pumps, gearboxes and more. The tool's mobile app includes tutorial videos to show operators how to perform accurate measurements.
- Measurement flexibility - The well-known, three-position measurement gains additional flexibility as measurements can start at any angle and require a total minimal rotation of only 40 degrees. This enables operators to perform alignments of applications with limited space.
- Automatic reports - Alignment reports are generated automatically and can be customised with notes, a machine picture and a signature via touchscreen. These reports can be exported as PDF files and shared with other mobile apps.
- Comprehensive and compact - A range of included components, such as magnetic mounting brackets and extension rods and chains, increase the TKSA 51's versatility, yet it remains compact, lightweight and easy to carry.
- 3-D live view - This feature enables intuitive positioning of heads for quick alignment measurements and displays live when horizontal/vertical alignment correction is achieved. The app enables 3-D rotation of the virtual motor to correspond with the actual machine position.
- Disturbance compensation - Measurement values are averaged over time to provide accuracy in presence of vibration or other external disturbances.
- Fully functional demo mode - The app can be downloaded easily, and its demonstration mode allows the shaft alignment process to be experienced before purchasing the TKSA 51.
The TKSA 51 App is available for free in the Apple AppStore and Google Play. Just search for “SKF TKSA 51” or follow the QR code on this page with your device and try the alignment process with the fully functional demonstration mode.
Demonstration video TKSA 51
Technical data Designation TKSA 51 Sensors and communication 20 mm (0.8 in.) PSD with red line laser Class 2;
electronic inclinometer ±0,1°; Bluetooth 4.0 LE
System measuring distance 0.07 to 5 m (0.23 to 16.4 ft) Measuring errors / displayed resolution <1% + 1 digit Operating device Galaxy Tab Active and iPad mini recommended.
iPad 3rd generation, iPod touch 5th generation,
iPhone 4S, Galaxy S4 or above (all not included)
Operating system requirements Apple iOS 8 or Android OS 4.4.2 (and above) Software / App update Apple AppStore or on Google Play Store Shaft diameters 20 to 150 mm (0.8 to 5.9 in.),
up to 450 mm (17.7 in.) with extension chains supplied
Max. recommended coupling height 170 mm (6.7 in.) with extension rods Alignment measurement 3 × positions free measurement (min. 40° total angle),
Alignment correction Live values for vertical and horizontal machine position correction
Adjustable shocks compatible (Vibracons)
Soft foot correction Available with separate "Soft Foot for TKSA 51" app Alignment report Automatic pdf report exportable via email/cloud services Display orientation Landscape (plus portrait on tablets) MU battery Up to 10 hours continuous operation (2 000 mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery) Carrying case dimensions 355 × 250 × 110 mm (14 × 9.8 × 4.3 in.) Total weight (incl. case) 2,9 kg (6.4 lbs) Operating temperature 0 to 45 °C (32 to 113 °F) IP rating IP 54 Calibration certificate Supplied with 2 years validity