Spare parts management and inventory control
SKF spare part management and inventory optimization training has been developed to support SKF customers (industrial end-users), improving their bottom line results.
The course objectives are to provide participants with a sound knowledge and understanding of:
- spare parts and inventory management processes and principles
- basic spare part and inventory management terminology
- the importance and relations of spare part and inventory management with respect to business goals
- identifying, structure, and classifying spare parts on their criticality, (re)order parameters, and other spare parts characteristics
- applying basic analysis techniques to optimize the availability of spares and cost-effectively handle obsolete spares
- key institutes and reference material on spare parts and inventory management.
Engineers, supervisors and managers working with inventory control, purchasing, reliability, maintenance engineering, logistic, support, quality, production and ware house management.
Instructor-led courses are supported by packages of “pre-study" and "post study" materials, delivered on-line from the Knowledge Centre on skf.com. You can view the support materials offered for this course by visiting our Blended learning Solutions
- Asset efficiency optimization work management process
- Spare parts management
- Inventory management