Vibration analysis category 2, ISO18436
Compliant to BINDT CM GEN Appendix D PCN Certification Scheme. Prior to seeking level 2 classification the candidate must have already obtained level 1 or a recognized equivalent. Certification to level 2 will provide evidence of qualification and competence for individuals to perform vibration analysis measurements and analysis using appropriate sensors and equipment.
- Select the appropriate machinery vibration measurement technique
- Set up instruments for basic resolution of amplitude, frequency and time
- Perform basic vibration analysis of machinery and components such as shafts, bearings, gears, fans, pumps, and motors using spectrum analysis
- Maintain a database of results and trends
- Perform basic (single channel) impact tests to determine natural frequencies
- Classify, interpret and evaluate the test results (including acceptance tests) in accordance with applicable specifications and standards
- Recommend corrective actions
- Recommend the use of alternative condition monitoring (CM) technologies with an understanding of the principles of all four CM technologies specified in BINDT CM/GEN at least to level 1
- Supervise and provide guidance to vibration analysis levels 1 and 2
Personnel wishing to achieve PCN certification in vibration analysis level 2. Enabling qualification to perform industrial machinery vibration measurements and basic vibration analysis using single-channel measurements, with or without phase trigger signals, according to established and recognized procedures.