SKF Rotation For Life
A new way to optimize your rotating equipment performance
Rotating equipment failures cause millions in unrecovered costs through lost production, plus additional millions spent on replacing equipment, insurance and eventually environmental impact. It is much more cost effective to invest in proactively identifying the onset of problems, and then fixing the underlying reasons.
Traditionally, bearings are purchased on price, but this transactional approach ignores many interrelated elements, which contribute to rotating equipment performance and overall Total Cost of Ownership.
SKF Rotation For Life agreement
In response to this challenge, SKF has created an integrated solutions programme focused on improving the overall efficiency of your rotating equipment. We call it SKF Rotation For Life. SKF Rotation For Life is a long-term performance-based contract based on a monthly fee, which combines bearing technology, failure detectability and reliability services into an integrated package.
- Improved rotating equipment reliability
- Reduced overall operating cost of critical assets (TCO reduction)
- Lower capital expense through better supply chain processes and services
- Linear and predictable disbursement thanks to fixed monthly fee based on agreed on performance targets
- Short payback with short implementation programme
Win-win performance-based contract, very well documented and tracked though KPIs
SKF Rotation For Life includes all or part of the following:
- Lubrication management – system and lubricants
- Sealing solutions
- Condition monitoring services and technologies
- Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Procedures to guarantee quality
- Mechanical services such as inspections, bearing mounting/dismounting
- Knowledge transfer through customized training
- Bearing Service Life maximization
- Bearing rework/remanufacturing including ring grinding, new roller manufacturing and radial and/or axial clearance adjustment
SKF Rotation For Life can reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Watch this video to learn more about SKF Rotation For Life