Hub bearing unit 3
A more compact new wave in the '80s
Driven and non-driven wheel applications for medium-big size carsIn the most common HBU3 application, the brake disc or drum and wheel are mounted to the rotating flange. This rotating flange is in many cases machined after bearing assembly, to achieve very low tolerances of lateral run-out, to contribute in lowering vibrations and noise during braking.
A fully integrated wheel bearing systemHub Unit 3 features a double row angular contact ball bearing with matched rings and ball-sets to provide the required axial clearance or preload. Contact angles are optimized to provide specific preload and withstand specific wheel load condition
For the most recent HBU3 designs units, a post-assembly orbital forming provides the required axial preload when mounted on the vehicle – independently from the final vehicle assembly conditions.
- Flanged rings designed as a lightweight structural component
- Outer ring raceways are induction-hardened for bearing performance
- Sealed with high performance, application-specific grease
- Robust fixed and rotating flanges feature threaded holes or studs and a spigot to centre and mount brakes and wheels
- Flanges can be coated to avoid galvanic corrosion with the mating components
- Alternative designs are available for driven wheel applications
- Available with ABS impulse ring mounted on the rotating ring