Retractable fin stabilizer type Z
The newly developed fin stabilizer utilizes long-time experience and well proven components from the type S stabilizer together with a new fin profile and modified actuator and control system. Numerical analysis and tank tests have been performed to verify the optimal fin shape, working angle and stabilizing performance.
- New Fin Profile: One-piece fin specially designed for optimum stabilization.
- Retractable fins: Stabilizer fins are stored when not in use.
- Large fin range available depending on size and performance requirements of the vessel.
- Rotary Vane Actuators: The well-proven rotary vane motor has been modified to operate with an angle of ±60° helps to ensure reliable and correct roll reduction at all conditions.
- Accumulator supported hydraulic system: has a very fast response enabling high stabilizing performance in all conditions.
- The fin stabilizers are operated by Simplex seals Adaptive Control, which is a highly reliable automatic control system for easy operation and monitoring as well as simple installation.
- Touch control panels are installed on the bridge and in the ECR to simplify control and supervising of the fin stabilizers.