SKF High Endurance Slewing Bearing
Improving turbine performance and reliability
The operational challenges for tidal steam turbines should not be underestimated. Long-term exposure to the sea water environment and harsh weather conditions, along with the high energy density and load conditions, present a significant engineering and technological challenge.
SKF has developed an innovative slewing bearing design with enhanced sealing capabilities and redesigned internal geometry to meet this need. The SKF High Endurance Slewing Bearing offers increased resistance to harsh environmental conditions to improve reliability and performance and extend bearing service life.
- Increased turbine reliability even in harsh environments
- Extended seal and bearing service life
- Reduced operation and maintenance costs
- Improved pitch control for increased performance
- Reduced installation and replacement time