SKF Quiet Running deep groove ball bearings
Noise and vibration can limit generator reliability
When noise and vibration are in sync with naturally occurring harmonics within a generator, the resulting structural resonance will eventually cause premature component failures. In many cases, the component failures are unplanned because structural resonance can also mask other problems.
SKF can help
SKF Quiet Running deep groove ball bearings significantly reduce noise levels and structural resonance, thereby contributing to high reliability in generators. Specifically designed to dampen the structural resonance that can occur between the rotor, stator and bearings, SKF Quiet Running bearings can increase bearing service life and extend relubrication intervals.
Because they are fully interchangeable with existing deep groove ball bearings, SKF Quiet Running bearings can be used without modifying the rotor shaft or end shield.
- Minimized noise levels and structural resonance
- Increased productivity
- Reduced manufacturing costs
- Quiet under variable operating conditions
- 100% interchangeable with conventional bearings
- Available with optimized steel or brass cage
- Dedicated specification: suffix VQ658
- Available for SKF XL Hybrid and INSOCOAT 20