Sealed SKF Explorer spherical roller bearings
Superior protection for longer life and less maintenance
In a typically contaminated operating environment, a sealed bearing has a rating life of up to four times that with an open bearing. Pre-lubricated with a specially formulated bearing grease and sealed with highly effective contact seals, sealed SKF Explorer spherical roller bearings deliver long-life, low-maintenance performance for virtually any application.
The seals protect the bearing and lubricant from contaminants that might otherwise cause premature bearing failure (Diagram 1). In many applications, sealed SKF Explorer spherical roller bearings can be considered lubricated for the life of the bearing. By eliminating or extending relubrication intervals, these bearings can significantly cut the cost to purchase, apply and dispose of grease (Diagram 2).
Part of the SKF Three-Barrier Solution
- Significantly increased uptime
- Substantially reduced need for maintenance
- Reduced grease consumption and disposal cost
- Less environmental impact
- Improved worker safety
- Highly effective seals keep lubricants in and contaminants out
- Self-guiding rollers help to minimize friction
- Super-clean, heat-treated steel supports long life
- Guide ring keeps rollers in optimal position
- Pre-lubricated with specially formulated SKF grease