Sleeves, locknuts and lock washers designed for longer life and easier maintenanceSKF through its SIBCO brand offers high quality sleeves which ensure optimal bearing performance. Adapter sleeve is the most commonly used component for locating bearings with tapered bore onto a cylindrical seat as they can be used on plain or stepped shaft. Adapter sleeves are easy to install and require no additional location on the shaft.
When adapter sleeves are used on plain shafts, the bearing can be located at any position on the shaft. When used on stepped shafts together with an L-shaped spacer ring, bearings can be accurately positioned axially thereby facilitating bearing mounting and dismounting. The sleeves are slit and supplied complete with a lock nut and locking device. Smaller sizes use a nut and a lock washer. Larger sizes use a nut and a locking clip. All standard adapter sleeves are made of 0.20% – 0.30% carbon steel. However, larger sleeves and sleeves of special types are made of 0.30% – 0.45% carbon steel. The dimension of the metric adapter and withdrawal sleeves conform to ISO 2982-1 standard.
Withdrawal sleeves are also available on request under the SIBCO range.
- Better machining quality - Faster, easy and precise mounting
- Optimized running performance - Allows higher speed, silent running and minimised vibration
- Higher load carrying capacity - Longer bearing service life
- Superior material quality - Minimised fretting corrosion
- Reduced downtime and maintenance
- Increased efficiency and reliability
- Reduced warranty costs
- Increased energy savings
- Reduced total cost of ownership