Advanced Condition Based Maintenance of Electrical Equipments
The participants will learn about various diagnostic Testing methods like: Offline & Online testing, high level test like Motor Current and Torque Signature, Acoustic Emission, Surge Testing (IEEE522), Tan Delta & Capacitance Measurement, Partial Discharge Measurement, Dielectric Response Analysis. The latest VLF (Very Low Frequency) HIPOT will be discussed in comparison to DC HIPOT and AC HIPOT Testing as per IEEE 433.
Part I : Power Cable
•Fundamentals of cable construction.
•Commissioning testing / acceptance tests at site
a. Insulation resistance test
b. Polarization index
c. Tan delta and capacitance measurement
d. Partial discharge measurement
•Low frequency testing
Part II : Transformers
- Fundamentals of transformers
- Acceptance tests
- Various diagnostic testing
- Online and offline testing and monitoring
Part III: Motors & Generators
- Fundamental of motors, generators and its construction and type.
- Online testing for condition monitoring.
- Offline testing to assess the condition of the motors
- Interpretation of the test Results
Electrical / Manager / Supervisor, Application Engineer, Condition Monitoring Engineer, Design Engineer, Maintenance Engineer / Manager / Supervisor / Reliability Engineer / Manager / Supervisor
Basic knowledge of Electrical Equipments and experience in maintenance will be helpful.
Click here to download the RMI Training calendar 2013-14 for complete course information