British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT) Certified Vibration Analysis Category I & II
The Institute is vertically integrated and aims to cater for all who work in NDT, from professor to student and from operator to chartered engineer. Its purpose is to promote the advancement of the science and practice of NDT and all other associated materials testing disciplines - particularly condition monitoring.
SKF - RMI is the only institute approved to conduct Vibration Analysis level I & II training in India
In Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic Technology (CMDT), the ramifications and benefits are enormous. Not only it is safety-critical but its use enables rectification of an incipient fault before a catastrophic failure occurs. Not only can the physical catastrophe be avoided, but also the financial catastrophe of a major breakdown at the worst possible moment - Saturday night in the printing press of a Sunday paper, or an aircraft engine on take-off!
- Select the appropriate machinery vibration measurement technique
- Perform basic vibration analysis of machinery and components such as shafts, bearings, gears, fans, pumps, and motors using spectrum analysis
- Perform basic (single channel) impact tests to determine natural frequencies
- Classify, interpret and evaluate the test results (including acceptance tests) in accordance with applicable specifications and standards
- Recommend corrective actions
- Recommend the use of alternative CM technologies with an understanding of the principles of all four condition monitoring (CM) technologies specified in BINDT CM/GEN at least to Category I
- Supervise and provide guidance to vibration analysis category I and II Investigation
** ContactAbhas.Acharya@skf.com for course schedule and other details
Click here to download the RMI Training calendar 2013-14 for complete course information