Sealing Solutions Technology
This course is designed to develop knowledge in industrial sealing products for rotary
motion, application fundamentals and competence in devising effective sealing solutions.
The information and training will enable students to understand the concepts and application of sealing solutions to achieve optimum seal, bearing and equipment performance.
- To provide the participants with the fundamentals of lip seals, principles of sealing operations, elastomeric materials and their properties, and the effects of operating parameters in seal performance.
- To have an understanding of the various seal designs, their applications and seal design development trends.
- To learn a systematic approach to “Sealing System Failure Analysis”, most common failure modes; includes participation in actual case studies
- To provide an overview of common rotary sealing components used in various industrial applications and a guide to sealing system designs in heavy industry segments.
- To learn appropriate handling and installation procedures, methods, tools and parameters; includes a workshop environment for hands-on experience
- To provide an overview of other sealing systems and services including SKF custom sealing solutions.
Machinery Designers, Mechanical Drafts persons, Reliability Engineers, Maintenance Engineers and Technicians, Consultants.
Click here to download the RMI Training calendar 2013-14 for complete course information