K-DGS Dry Gas Seal
The Kaydon Dry Gas Seal (K-DGS) is installed in the most demanding and critical hydrocarbon processing applications where the goal for time between overhauls is moving towards decades, not years.
Patented Tapered Lift Ramp GeometryAt the heart of every K-DGS is the lift ramp geometry to generate and maintain lift force and clearance between the rotating and stationary seal faces. Kaydon's patented Tapered Lift Ramp geometry causes an increase in velocity of the seal gas as it moves through the ramp, sweeping contamination away from the sealing faces. (Other dry gas seal designs with constant depth geometry permit contamination to collect. This in turn reduces the lift forces and leads to eventual face contact.)
Features and Benefits
- Lowest leaking gas seal type available for turbomachinery
- Various configurations are available to fit the application: tandem, tandem with intermediate labyrinth, single, double
- Patented Tapered Lift Ramp geometry generates lift with rotation and expels contamination
- Bi-directional seals are available to provide protection during reverse rotation, and to limit spares inventory
- Silicon carbide rotating seal faces are used as standard to increase durability during incidental contact caused during startups, shutdowns, and other transient conditions
- Factory leak tested at application speeds, pressures, and temperatures
- May be combined with K-CBS separation seal for single DRYPLEX™ cartridge assembly
- Natural gas transmission
- Pipeline booster compressor shaft seals
- Natural gas and CO2 re-injection compressor shaft seals
- Natural gas mid-stream processing plants
- Propane refrigeration, Ethylene refrigeration, Propylene refrigeration, sales gas, raw gas, treat gas, residue gas compressor shaft seals
- LNG refrigeration and boil-off compressor shaft seals
- Hydrogen recycle, platformer, reformer, hydrotreater, wet gas, coker, alkylation, isomerization, flare gas recovery
- Ethylene, propylene, polypropylene, charge gas, propane refrigeration, iso-butane, ethylene oxide, styrene off-gas, low density polyethylene (LDPE), linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), polyethylene, carbon monoxide, methanol, synthesis gas, ammonia refrigeration, acetylene, feed gas
Why Kaydon Ring & Seal?Kaydon’s engineering team has the experience and expertise to address new equipment seal design, upgrades, retrofits, and control systems. Regardless of the original manufacturer, Kaydon can help solve your seal problems, and increase your equipment reliability.
Kaydon has the broadest range of compressor seal types available in the industry. Our goal is to supply you with the best solution for your circumstances, whether it is repair, upgrade or replacement of your existing seal.
The Kaydon Dry Gas Seal Repair Center provides refurbishment and replacement seals of all makes and models. Contact us for more information.