SKF Engineering Consultancy Services
The basic information required to calculate and design a bearing arrangement can be found in this catalogue. But there are applications where it is desirable to predict the expected bearing life as accurately as possible, either because sufficient experience with similar bearing arrangements is lacking or because economy and/or operational reliability are of extreme importance. In such cases, for example, it is advisable to consult the "SKF Engineering Consultancy Services". They provide calculations and simulations utilizing high-tech computer programmes, in combination with an almost one hundred year global experience in the field of rotating machine components.
They can provide support with the complete SKF application know-how. The SKF application specialists can
- analyse the technical problems
- suggest the appropriate system solution
- select the appropriate lubrication and an optimized maintenance practice.
SKF Engineering Consultancy Services provides a new approach to services concerning machines and installations for OEM and end users. Some of these service benefits are:
- Faster development processes and reduced time to market.
- Reduced implementation costs by virtual testing before production start.
- Improved bearing arrangement by lowering noise and vibration levels.
- Higher power density by upgrading.
- Longer service life by improving lubrication or sealing.
Advanced computer programmes
Within the SKF Engineering Consultancy Services there are highly advanced computer programmes which can be used for
- analytical modelling of complete bearing arrangements, consisting of shaft, housing, gears, couplings, etc.
- static analysis, i.e. determination of elastic deformation of components in mechanical systems
- dynamic analysis, i.e. determination of the vibration behaviour of systems under working conditions (“virtual testing”)
- visual and animated presentation of structural and component deflection
- optimizing system costs, service life, vibration and noise level.
The high-tech computer programmes used within the SKF Engineering Consultancy Services as standard for calculation and simulations are briefly described in the section SKF calculation tools.
For further information about the activities of the SKF Engineering Consultancy Services please contact the nearest SKF company.