Bonded piston seals
SKF bonded pistons feature pressure activated sealing lips that flex under pressure to retain the fluid and maintain pressure. Latest designs include a beaded lip which significantly reduce friction and hence improve operation.
- Pressure activated sealing lips bonded directly to a stamped metal component
- Custom built design for the application
- Additional features such as bumpers, spring location, bleed holes etc.
- Beaded lip designs for reduced friction
- Beaded lip designs reduce friction leading to improved response times and reduced cocking
- Easily replaces conventional aluminium pistons and loose lip seals; reduced number of components
- Increased operating life
- Minimizes damage / scoring of the housing
- Cost savings compared to assembled aluminium solutions
- Potential for reduce weight and hence response times
- Elimination of aluminium piston porosity issues