Diesel Engine Cylinder Lubrication System
Reduce operational costs and environmental impactSKF cylinder lubrication systems for 2-stroke engines operate load-dependently. In 2-stroke engines, lubricant feed to the respective lubrication point (quill) is synchronized to piston positioning either mechanically (System CLU3) or electro-hydraulically (System CLU4).
The lubrication system lowers operational costs due to reduction of lubricant requirement by up to 30%. At the same time reduction of emission values causes less harm to the environment.
Advantages of the SKF cylinder lubrication system (CLU4)
- Adaptable for all 2-stroke crosshead engines with performance range from 600 to 7000 kW/cylinder each with 3 to 12 quills
- Servicing during operation (redundancy not a requirement)
- Already available for Common Rail Technology
- Simple, compact system design without the use of heating or additional equipment such as oil tank or fill level switch
- Mechanically set metering volumes and integrated lock valve functions prevent improper system operation
- Low installation costs
- Automated determination of the optimum metering time in each case using electronic control and oil consumption measurement for each engine or individual cylinder
- More compact and economical design
- Actual recommended cylinder lubrication technology for engine newbuilds
- The engine maker specifies more frequent lube pulses with smaller dosing quantities
- This concept allows a further reduction of the specific oil feed rate
- Quick return of investment (ROI)