Shaft alignment calculation and software
ShaftDesigner is a user friendly multi-project, multi-shaft and multi-state 3D Computer Aided Engineering system for ship propulsion train calculations.
The ShaftDesigner software uses a base model to quickly and easily calculate:
- Shaft alignment
- Whirling vibration
- Bending (lateral) vibration
- Axial vibration
- Torsional vibration, including an "ice impact feature"
The ShaftDesigner software's main features are:
- 3D graphical environment for easy visual checks
- Base model for quick recalculations
- Multiple modeling possibilities for different purposes
- Various shaft alignment calculation methods
- Calculations for various types of vibrations
- Customizable reports with export options
SKF Marine also offers shaft alignment and vibration calculations as a service.