SKF Drive-up mounting method helps paper maker achieve 510% ROI in one year
The SKF solutionClearly the mill needed a solution that would help them mount and dismount bearings correctly - and reduce the risk of seat damage during mounting. SKF proposed the SKF Drive-up Method for accurate mounting.
The resultIn one year this technique enabled a significant decrease in the need for bearing replacement as well as a 75% reduction in mounting time. The end result has been a considerable reduction in downtime and costs.
Return on Investment (ROI) summary over a one year period:
- Increased production availability/less downtime: €16 060
- Reduced costs (mounting/dismounting bearings and repairs): €5 680
- Total benefits per year: €21 740
- Investment in SKF solution: - €3 560
- Benefits: €18 180
- Return on investment: 510%