Y-bearing units (ball bearing units)
- a Y-bearing (insert bearing) which is based on a single row deep groove ball bearing with a sphered (convex) outside surface and an extended inner ring (
Y-bearing units can accommodate moderate initial misalignment, but normally do not permit axial displacement.
They are ready-to-mount, ready-to-use units and available as:
- Y-bearing plummer block units (fig. 3)
Y-bearing flanged units (fig. 4)
- with cast iron housings – table 6, table 7 and table 8
- with composite housings – table 9 and table 10
- with pressed steel housings (housings to be ordered separately from the bearings) – table 11 and table 12
- with housings made of composite for SKF Food Line – table 13, table 14 and table 15
- with cast stainless steel housings – table 16 and table 17
- Y-bearing take-up units (fig. 5, fig. 6)
Other units can be composed by ordering the parts separately.
- agricultural machinery
- construction equipment
- conveyor systems
- textile machines and fans
- machines for food and beverage processing and packaging
If Y-bearing units are to be used in an application where health, safety, or the environment is at risk, the SKF application engineering service has to be contacted during the design phase.
This is also true for applications with relatively high speeds and where machine downtime can cause significant problems.