Hybrid deep groove ball bearings
Basic design bearings
- a stamped steel cage, riveted, ball centred (no designation suffix)
- glass fibre reinforced PA66 cage, snap-type, ball centred (designation suffix TN9)
- a glass fibre reinforced PEEK cage, snap-type, ball centred (designation suffix TNH)
- a machined brass cage, riveted, ball centred (designation suffix M)
Read and follow the safety precautions under Seal materials.
Greases for sealed bearings
Sealed hybrid deep groove ball bearings are filled with a high-quality grease under clean conditions. The standard grease, suitable for the most common operating conditions of electric motors and generators, is indicated by the designation suffix WT. Grease specifications are listed in table 1, under grease “WT”.
For SKF hybrid deep groove ball bearings, the estimated grease life can be assumed to be at least twice as long as for same-sized bearings with steel balls (→ Grease life for capped bearings). Conditions such as the presence of water or other fluids or vibration can reduce the grease life.
XL hybrid bearings
Hybrid bearings with special steel rings and coatings
- bearing rings stabilized for temperatures ≤ 300 °C (570 °F)
- bearing rings made of through-hardened stainless steel for enhanced corrosion and wear-resistance and with good high temperature properties
- bearing rings made of through-hardened stainless steel for cryogenic temperatures
- bearing rings made of high-temperature tool steel
- coating with zinc chromate or thin dense chromium for corrosion protection
coating based on molybdenum for low friction, especially in vacuum or gas applications