Thrust bearings accommodate loads that are predominantly in the direction of the shaft. The bearings are typically classified by the type of rolling element and shape of the raceways.
Thrust ball bearings
- with a flat housing washer (fig. 57)
with a sphered housing washer
- with (fig. 58) or without a seat washer
- with flat housing washers (fig. 59)
with sphered housing washers
- with (fig. 60) or without seat washers
For additional information, refer to Thrust ball bearings.
Angular contact thrust ball bearings
- single direction (→ Angular contact thrust ball bearings for screw drives)
- double direction (→ Double direction angular contact thrust ball bearings)
Cylindrical roller thrust bearings
Needle roller thrust bearings
Spherical roller thrust bearings
single direction (fig. 69)
For additional information, refer to Spherical roller thrust bearings.