SKF spherical roller bearings for wind turbine main shafts
Made for main shafts
SKF has created its first spherical roller bearing designed explicitly for wind turbine main shafts. We’ve eliminated the features you don’t need – such the ability to handle speeds up to 600 rpm – and improved those you do. That allows this heavy duty SKF Explorer bearing to significantly improve turbine reliability and bearing life, thereby reducing the levelized cost of energy (LCOE).
SKF spherical roller bearings are already hard at work in more than 100 000 wind turbines. They’re a proven solution for increasing reliability and our new SKF spherical roller bearings for wind turbine main shafts are designed to work even harder.
Making sustainable viable
By reducing LCOE, the new SKF spherical roller bearings for wind turbine main shafts help close the gap between traditional and renewable energy – supporting the world’s goal of clean, sustainable energy.
- Modified inner geometry with super finished functional surfaces
- Optimized contact pressures
- No guide ring or mid flange
- Robust cage made of cast iron
- Internal groove separating the raceway and acting as grease reservoir
- Significant weight reduction
- Boundary dimensions in compliance to ISO
- SKF Explorer performance class
- Improved performance under typical wind operating conditions
- Increased robustness and reliability
- Increased bearing life
- Compatibility with existing arrangements
- Optimized for grease lubrication
- Ensured best in class performance