Markings on bearings and bearing sets
- SKF trademark
- Complete designation of the bearing
- Country of manufacture
- Date of manufacture, coded
- Deviation of the mean outside diameter ∆Dm [µm] and position of the maximum eccentricity of the outer ring
- Deviation of the mean bore diameter ∆dm [µm] and position of the maximum eccentricity of the inner ring
- Thrust face mark, punched
- Serial number (bearing sets only)
- “V-shaped” marking (matched bearing sets only)
Sealed bearings are marked in a similar way.
"V-shaped" markingA “V-shaped” marking on the outside surface of the outer rings of matched bearing sets indicates how the bearings should be mounted to obtain the proper preload in the set.
The marking also indicates how the bearing set should be mounted in relation to the axial load. The “V-shaped” marking should point in the direction that the axial load acts on the inner ring (fig. 2). In applications where there are axial loads in both directions, the “V-shaped” marking should point in the direction of the heavier of the two loads.