Designs and variants
Single row cam rollers
Double row cam rollers
- are based on double row angular contact ball bearings in the 32 dimension series (fig. 2)
have a thick-walled outer ring with its running surface available in two designs:
- crowned as standard (series designation 3058.. C)
- cylindrical (flat) (series designation 3057.. C)
- have a 30° contact angle, enabling, together with the two ball sets, tilting moments to be accommodated
are supplied capped in two variants:
- with a sheet steel shield on both sides that extends into a recess on the inner ring (designation suffix -2Z)
- with an RS contact seal on both sides (designation suffix -2RS1)
- are greased for the life of the bearing under normal operating conditions (table 1)
should be relubricated, if:
- subjected to moisture or solid contaminants
- they run for long periods at temperatures above 70 °C (160 °F)
have a lubrication hole in the inner ring
- Where suitable ducts are provided in the pin, the bearings are easy to relubricate.
- The grease should be applied slowly to avoid damaging the shields or seals.
SKF cam rollers are fitted with one of the cages shown in table 2. Double row cam rollers are equipped with two cages.