Electrical discharge detector
Detect electrical discharges in electric motor bearings
Electric motors are more vulnerable to suffer electrical erosion in bearings when controlled by a Variable Frequency Drive. When incorporated into a predictive maintenance programme, the EDD Pen can help detect bearings more susceptible to failure, and significantly prevent unplanned machine downtime.
- Unique remote solution allows operation at a distance from the motors. This helps protect the user from touching machinery in motion
- SKF technology*
- No special training required
- Capable of detecting electrical discharges on a time base of 10 seconds, 30 seconds or indefinite
- LED Backlit screen, allows use in dark environments
- IP 55 can be used in most industrial environments
- Supplied standard with batteries, a spare antenna and language free Instructions for use in a carrying case
*Patent applied for.
SKF TKED1 (fig 1)
Supplied standard with batteries, a spare antenna and language free Instructions for use in a carrying case
Technical data Designation TKED 1 Description SKF Electrical Discharge Detector Pen Power supply 4,5V – 3 x standard AAA batteries (LR03, AM4) Time control:
10 or 30 seconds
Operational and storage temperature
0º to 50 °C (32 to 122 ºF)
-20 to 70 °C (-4 to 158 ºF)
IP level IP 55 Display
LCD counter range: 0 to 99 999 discharges.
User selectable backlight and low battery warning
Case Dimensions (l x w x h) 260 x 85 x 180 mm (10.3 x 3.4 x 7.0 in.) Total case and contents weight 0,6 kg (1.35 lb)