Extra large induction heaters
A comprehensive range for bearings and other workpiecesThe SKF TIH L series heaters are designed for induction heating of large size rolling bearings. With advanced power electronics and an effective dual coil design, the TIH L series can heat large bearings weighing up to 1 200 kg (2 600 lb), using just 20 kVA of electrical power. This represents a power saving of almost 50% compared to similar induction heaters and highlights how SKF Induction Heaters are simultaneously powerful and efficient. Unusually for a bearing heater for large bearings, the TIH L series can be supplied in medium and low voltage versions.
- Advanced power electronics, with accurate electric current control, help control the temperature rate increase.
- Using just 20 kVA of electrical power, the TIH L series can heat large bearings weighing up to 1 200 kg (2 600 lb).
- Automatic demagnetisation reduces the risk of ferrous debris contamination after heating.
- Thermal overheating protection reduces the risk of damage to the induction coil and the electronics, enhancing reliability and safety.
- Available with three different operating areas.
- Available in three voltage variants to suit most operating voltages worldwide.
- Bearings can be heated vertically or horizontally.
Technical data, accessories and spare parts
Technical data Designation TIH L33 Max. bearing weight 700 kg (1 543 lb) Bore diameter range 115–700 mm (4.5–27.6 in.) Operating area (w × h) 300 × 320 mm (11.8 × 12.6 in.) Coil diameter 150 mm (5.9 in.) Standard yokes (included) to suit bearing minimum bore diameter 115 mm (4.5 in.) Optional yokes to suit bearing minimum bore diameter 80 mm (3.1 in.)
60 mm (2.4 in.)
Max. power consumption TIH L33/LV: 15 kVA
TIH L33/MV: 15 kVA
200–240 V/50–60 Hz
400–460 V/50–60 Hz
Temperature control 0 to 250 °C (32 to 482 °F) Demagnetisation according to SKF norms <2 A/cm Max. heating temperature ** 250 °C (482 °F) Dimensions (w × d × h) 400 × 743 × 550 mm (15.8 × 29.3 × 21.7 in.) Total weight (incl. yokes) 140 kg (309 lb)
* Some special voltage versions (e.g. 575V, 60Hz CSA ready) are available for specific countries. For additional information, please contact your local SKF authorised distributor.
** Depending on bearing or work piece weight. For higher temperatures please contact SKF