Energy and CO2
Our climate strategyCarbon dioxide (CO2) is the most significant greenhouse gas produced as a result of our business activities. In addition, considering the main processes directly or indirectly applied, emissions of other greenhouse gases are typically generated in proportion to those of CO2. For those reasons our focus is on our CO2 footprint.
We monitor and report our CO2 emissions according to the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol. This characterizes an organization's greenhouse gas inventory into three scopes:
- scope 1 (direct emissions from on-site combustion processes)
- scope 2 (indirect emissions associated with the supply of energy - mainly electricity - to SKF facilities)
- scope 3 (all other indirect emissions such as those related to logistics or supply chain)
We also monitor and report the avoided emissions made possible with our SKF BeyondZero portfolio.
- scope 4 (avoided emissions from our customer solutions)
Como lidamos com o aquecimento global?
Direct carbon emissions from SKF operations (Scope 1 & 2)
...such as manufacturing, warehouse operations and company cars and indirect emissions from power generation related to electricity and heat used by SKF.
- Reduce the total annual energy use of the SKF Group by 5 % below the 2006 level by 2016.
- Reduce the energy use per production output (value added) by 5% year-over-year during the period (2012-2016).
- We continue to build all new manufacturing sites and logistics centres according to the LEED standard for buildings. read more here
- We will continue to work on energy management within in our existing sites.
- We have implemented a Group wide energy management system certified according to ISO 50001. read more here
- We explore the possibilities to increase the use of renewable energy for the SKF Group together with WWF. read more here
Você sabia que...?
como parte de nossa abordagem de terceirização responsável, todos os principais fornecedores da SKF devem obter (ou ter um plano plausível para obter) a certificação ISO 140001? Desde 2007, também é solicitado que todos os fornecedores com uso intensivo de energia emitam relatórios sobre as emissões de carbono no uso de energia e sobre como lidam com essa questão.
A SKF adota padrões sustentáveis de projetos e construções de vanguarda mundial para novos prédios