Designs and variants
Y-bearings (insert bearings) are based on sealed deep groove ball bearings in the 62 and 63 series. Y-bearings typically have a sphered (convex) outside surface and an extended inner ring (fig. 1) with different locking devices to enable quick and easy mounting onto the shaft. The various Y-bearing series differ in the way the bearing is locked onto the shaft:
The standard SKF Y-bearing assortment includes application specific variants:
- bearings made of stainless steel or with zinc-coated rings for the food industry
- bearings for agricultural applications
- high temperature bearings and bearing units
- bearings with Solid Oil
Other variants are available on request. These include Y-bearings with:
- a cylindrical outer ring
- a customized design or dimensions
- a hexagonal or square bore
- a special cage
- special grease and special grease quantity
- a special coating
For additional information about these variants, contact the SKF application engineering service.
SKF also supplies a wide variety of Y-bearing units. For additional information, refer to Y-bearing units.