SKF Motor Encoder Unit - the new generation
Robust and reliable solution for your motor control
Combining bearing and sensor functionality in one unit, sensor bearings can be integrated in AC induction motors to allow precise speed and direction control. Thanks to their compact size, these sensor bearings can help to save space in electric motor designs.
The new generation of SKF Motor Encoder Unit offers a much more robust and cost-effective solution. The sensor bearing is protected from the effects of power surges and electromagnetic fields to avoid electronic failures, resulting in a reduction of maintenance and warranty costs.
Built-in sensor protection
And thanks to the sensor body’s Faraday cage, this new generation unit is able to deliver accurate speed and direction data even in harsh electromagnetic environments.
Robust reliability and support
Combined, these integrated sensor protection features mean the new generation of SKF Motor Encoder Unit offers more reliable performance and longer service life than conventional sensor bearings.
Available for 30 mm shaft diameter, this sensor bearing can be installed at either bearing position of AC induction motors.
- Robust, compact sensor enables speed and direction control
- Faraday cage protects from the effects of external magnetic fields
- Embedded electromagnetic interference (EMI) filter protects against power surges
- Increased service life
- Reduced maintenance and operating costs
- Improved signal resistance to electromagnetic disturbance
- Integrated, cost-effective design
- Compact and easy to mount
- Fully interchangeable with previous generation
AC induction motors in:
- Forklift trucks
- Electric vehicles
- Agricultural vehicles
- Material handling
- Construction machinery
- Hydraulic pumps