Designs and variants
The assortment of SKF spherical roller bearings is the widest on the market and includes standard bearings and application specific bearings. Almost all SKF spherical roller bearings are available with either a cylindrical or tapered bore. Depending on the bearing series, the tapered bore has a taper of either 1:12 (designation suffix K) or 1:30 (designation suffix K30).
The assortment of standard bearings includes:
- basic design bearings
- bearings for vibratory applications
Spherical roller bearings listed here constitute the basic SKF assortment and are only part of the total assortment. For applications where the bearings are subjected to unique operating conditions, SKF can customize bearings to meet the needs of that particular application. For example, bearings for:
- printing presses, paper mills or coaters in high precision execution
- very arduous operating conditions, e. g.continuous casters
- high temperature applications
- mounting with loose fit on roll necks
For additional information about application specific spherical roller bearings, contact the SKF application engineering service.