Markings on bearings and bearing sets
- SKF trademark
- Complete designation of the bearing
- Country of manufacture
- Date of manufacture, coded
- Deviation of the mean outside diameter ∆Dm [µm] and position of the maximum eccentricity of the outer ring
- Deviation of the mean bore diameter ∆dm [µm] and position of the maximum eccentricity of the inner ring
- Thrust face mark, punched
- Serial number (bearing sets only)
- “V-shaped” marking (matched bearing sets only)
Sealed bearings are marked in a similar way.
The marking also indicates how the bearing set should be mounted in relation to the axial load. The “V-shaped” marking should point in the direction that the axial load acts on the inner ring (fig. 2). In applications where there are axial loads in both directions, the “V-shaped” marking should point in the direction of the heavier of the two loads.